Sunday, March 14, 2010

Apple Cider Vinegar

Has anyone heard of this ACV diet? Apparently, drinking 2-3 teaspoons of ACV up to three times daily is supposed to be the most amazing thing that you can do for yourself.

The other day at work, a woman a work was telling me about how she takes it for headaches, sinus congestion, glowing skin, etc. She went on and on about all the magical properties it has, and how it's supposed to keep you healthy, young, and beautiful. She recommended Bragg's ACV, with the mother. I took a wiff and nearly passed out. That stuff is potent!

A little grossed out, but very curious, I went back to my desk to research and see what all the hype was about. And wowsers! Did the search pull up some interesting stuff! If you read the research on this stuff, it's supposed to be the best thing you can do for your body. People are never sick, people are losing weight, hair is more shiny, face is glowing, aches and pains are going away. Is this for real?

So, I decided I want to give it a try. I bought the Bragg's stuff, and put 2 teaspoons in about a shot of water. I took one when I woke up this morning, and I will admit, I was not hungry, it really did seem to curb my appetite. I had another little shot concoction before lunch, and even though I did finish my lunch, I was feeling full when normally the lunch I ate (sushi roll from Kroger) leaves me starving and wanting more. It's now 4 hours later, and I'm not hungry at all. It seems like it really might be working for appetite control, perhaps that's why people are losing weight? The other thing I noticed was my nose was really stuffed up, and within minutes, MINUTES I tell you, it cleared right up and I could breathe easily! All the stuff I read was coming true!!

Anyways, I'm going to test it out for 2 weeks. If I don't see any noticeable difference, I'm stopping, because the stuff is gross. Straight up gross, but it can't do any harm to test it out and see if it really is the miracle everyone claims it is! Stay tuned...

6 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Apple cider is very healthful, helps balance the body's Ph. Please keep us posted re.your results.
I am so proud of how much you've accomplished over at TMS and your place, Rock On to the River City from North LA!

RAP said...

That sounds really gross. I don't think I'm trying this one - no offense.

Martha said...

I have heard that too. Definitely keep us posted about how it works. If you are really happy with your results maybe you'd like to do a guest post at The Motivation Station about it? We'd love to have you :-)

SJP said...

Haha, RAP, I was not expecting anyone else to do this with me!! :) It is gross, everytime I take a "shot" it literally leaves me gagging!

M and M - I'm glad you heard the same, I will try and let everyone know what happens! And thanks M! I feel good about myself too! And M@M - I will let you know, if I have good results, I'd be delighted to! That would be fun, thanks! :) But we'll see, do I need to give it a full month!?

Viva La Fashion said...

hahhahaha. i've never heard of this stuff but if it works, it works. :)

SJP said...

Yes, and I will let you know if it does! Which I hope it does!