Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Day After

On Monday, I called my supervisor and told her I wouldn't be coming in today. She told me I should go to the doctor, just in case, and therefore it'd be documented for worker's comp. Worker's comp!? Can you believe it? This is getting serious!

So, I went to see my orthopedic doctor. Yes, I have an old person/injury doctor. RE works at the practice as a physician's assistant (btw, when you're as clumbsy as me, it is SUPER to have a friend that knows what's going on). Anyways, because of my running injuries, I have been to see the orthopedist more times in one year than I've seen my PCP my whole life practically! I am pretty healthy when it comes to flu, colds, strep throat, etc., but not so much when it comes to my body. That has gone to hell in a handbasket in the past 3 years or so!

Anyways, I got a sling for my arm, which my shoulder still hurts like a b!tch! He said he thought I just bruised and sprained my rotator cuff, and at my age, probably nothing worse than that, but to watch it and if it doesn't have any improvement in a week, then they'll want to do an MRI. Good thoughts and prayers are welcome, as anything more serious could mean physical therapy, or worse, surgery!

Of course you know when you get an injury, you find out a very large number of people have suffered from the same ailment. Apparently, I have the fact that it never gets back to normal to look forward to. GREAT. How can one day, one second of your life, ruin it forever? This is beyond annoying. It hurts like hell to move my arm, and even just sitting here, it's throbbing. Such a pain in the butt.

Today, I finally got through to the worker's comp people. They're going to file it and I guess the third party administrator is going to be calling me sometime soon. I can just see the mess this will turn into already!

The only good thing that happened was L came over on Monday with dinner to take care of me. He is so cute. And also that RE is an amazing friend. Well, I already knew that, but she was so amazing on Monday. Just totally there the whole time while I was with the doctor. Willing to come over and help me with anything. So, thanks RE, you're the best!! :)

3 comments:

RAP said...

Sending you good thoughts to get better asap!!!

SJP said...

Thanks! My arm still hurts! :(

Anonymous said...

Aww thanks! I'd do anything to help my Camel friend!! RE