Saturday, November 21, 2009

THANKFUL i'm not 21 anymore

Now don't get me wrong, I loved college, sometimes a little too much. That's not what I'm trying to say here. What I'm thankful for is all the things I've learned since then. I know it's a trite saying, but I'd love to do it again knowing what I know now. In the 8 years since then, I've learned how to stand up for myself, act confident, dress for what looks best on me rather than blindly following trends, how to act around men, how to respond to catty women, how to say no sometimes, how to be the bigger person, how to not worry so much about what other people think of me, how to be comfortable in my own skin, how to handle constructive criticism effectively, how to respond to negative people, etc., etc. You really do get older and wiser with age, and I'm thankful for what I've learned and how I'm a better person for it.

2 comments:

RAP said...

I totally agree with this post. I guess their are perks to getting older.

SJP said...

You have to look on the bright side of things, I guess!!