Thursday, November 12, 2009

Tis the Season to Be Thankful

Charlotte started a really fun blog thread. In honor of the Thanksgiving season, each day she is going to post something she's thankful for. I think this is a great idea because too often we get caught up in all the things that are going wrong. All these negative thoughts can really run a toll on a person and leave you feeling empty and depressed. However, looking on the bright side of things does just the opposite. It makes you happy inside to think of all the amazing things you have going on in your life. Charlotte challenged us to join her, and I am game!

Since it's already the 12th, I will need to make up for some lost time.

1. First and foremost, I'm thankful for my salvation and that I know Jesus as my Savior. I know that's a little heavy for what you're used to on this blog, but it's what I'm most thankful for. I know no matter what comes my way, I can face it because I have Jesus on my side.


2. I'm thankful for my family. I really have such an amazing family, from my mom, dad and brother, to grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins, and cuzzles. They are fun, they are smart, and I'm thankful for how much love there is in my family.

3. My friends. I know a lot of people like to clump family and friends together because they like to think of their friends as family. And while I think this is true, I think it's also important to separate them, because you can pick your friends, you can't pick your family. But I am truly blessed to have such loving, smart, fun, beautiful (on the inside and out) friends. They're there through the good, the bad and the ugly, and I love them for it. I just hope I'm being as good of a friend to them as they are to me.

4. My adorable bungalow in the city. I love taking care of it and having people over. It's just so cute I can't even stand it.

5. That I live in America and the freedoms that we enjoy.



6. I'm thankful for our service members (and not just because it's a well known fact I have a fetish for military men). I'm so grateful that they risk their lives to protect the above mentioned freedoms. I have no idea who these men are below, so full credit goes to the guy whose flickr page I stole it from.




7. I'm thankful for my supervisor. I know I really lucked out here. Mine is amazing. She's smart, she's fun, she's knowledgeable, she's a great consultant, and I believe she has my best interests at heart (both professional development and in my personal life).

8. As long as we're talking about work, I'm thankful for my cube mates that make me laugh during the work day. They make being at work not so terrible.




9. I'm thankful for my bus driver David who gets me to work on time to make my 6 am work out every day safely, through rain, snow, sleet, and pitch black darkness. He also keeps me motivated and tells me I'm getting skinny! I think I love him!




10. I'm thankful I've never gotten a DUI. Ok, that's pretty serious, and not really a joke, but what can I say? Just to clarify, I've never had any close calls, or anything like that, but looking back on my life, I think this is something to be immensely thankful for.


11. I'm thankful I have great boobs.

12. I'm thankful that Gossip Girl came into my life.

No comments: