Saturday, December 19, 2009

19 inches of Grinch-like snow

Ok, now don't get me wrong, I think snow is beautiful, but that's about it. I'm going with snow as my Grinch and here's why:

1. I am not longer a kid on a school day. Work doesn't close down for me.
2. I don't have any snow appropriate clothes. Besides some boots that for some reason I hung onto from like junior year of high school, I have nothing to wear that would allow me to go outside and go sledding and enjoy the snow.
3. When it snows, you have to shovel, and that is some tough work, let me tell you! I looked online and discovered that you burn 18 calories for every minute you shovel snow! That's about equivalent to a fast run. That's a lot of hard work!
4. My road is always one of the last to get plowed since it's not a thru-way. That means either I have to walk everywhere, stay inside all day, or brave it with my 10-year old Honda Civic and pray I don't get into an accident.
5. Snow happens when it's cold. I don't like the cold.
6. When you come inside, you get the house dirty with mud and slush and snow and wet. This is the same house that you cleaned earlier that day because you were stuck at home with nothing to do.
7. It gives every person that's not from Virginia to complain about how everyone in Virginia freaks out about the snow. If the snow was so great back in NY or wherever it is you're from, then go back there! We won't mind!
8. Electricity can go out (not that mine did or is, but it's possible) and now you're stuck cold and dark.
9.For this snow specifically, it's the weekend before Christmas, and I have a TON of shopping left to do!
10. Did I mention it's cold?

So, yes it is pretty to look at and can be fun to play in, but I think the cons outweigh the pros on this one, so Mother Nature, you can keep the snow.

Bah Humbug!





Ok, ok. It is pretty...

No comments: