Wednesday, December 23, 2009

23 thousand Grinches out today

So, I realize I'm not being very Christmasy. Every day I get around to blogging, it's a Grinch day, or I make it such. I think by now the Grinch's heart would have grown three sizes by now. But not mine! I took vacation days for today and tomorrow to spend with my family, but first, I had to do some Christmas shopping since I couldn't get out this weekend.

I'd done the bulk of my shopping, and thank goodness, because I wanted to donkey punch every single person today and may have gotten into an altercation if I'd have had to stay out longer. Did the entire city of Richmond take off work today and wanted to go to the exact same stores I wanted to go to? It took me hours to get from one end of town to the other. When I got to the parking lot, of the store there were limited spaces because the tow trucks only plowed about one half of each spot, and then shoved the snow into the other half of the parking lot. Once inside, the shelves were empty and when you finally found a few items that together could resemble a decent Christmas gift, you were rewarded by 3 cashiers and about 100 customers in line.

But I'm at my parents home now, so I can take a deep breath and hope that the days of Grinching are behind me, and I'll be filled with Santa's for the rest of the year.

2 comments:

RAP said...

Sorry you had a bad day shopping. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family.

SJP said...

Well, I managed to get everything done! Hope your Christmas was great too! Here's to a fabulous 2010